Ban Righ Centre

Ban Righ Centre

site header

About Us

Ban Righ Centre building

The Ban Righ Foundation carries on the tradition of encouraging women’s achievements – a tradition begun by the women who came to Queen’s University in the 1870’s and who built Ban Righ Hall in 1925.

Supporting the continuing formal and informal education of women, especially mature women returning to Queen’s University, the Ban Righ Foundation:

  • Maintains the Ban Righ Centre on campus which is the focus of campus life for mature women students, through which they become part of a community of peers;
  • Provides advisors and financial assistance;
  • Brings to the attention of students the many university facilities (intellectual, scholastic, cultural, recreational)
  • Facilitates the participation of women in campus functions
  • Advocates on behalf of mature women students
  • Brings staff, faculty, and students together in an environment which encourages mutuality and equality;
  • Provides a continuing education program of speakers and visiting scholars open to the broader community; and,
  • Promotes the university in the community.